Coach Purse Cake

24 Mar

My cousin Sue recently had her 40th birthday.  She is not only my cousin but my best friend as well, we have grown up more like sisters than cousins. I had to create her an awesome cake to celebrate her 40th birthday.  She loves the Wizard of Oz but I had already made her a wizard of oz cake before. She has a coach purse that is baby blue and just so cute, so I thought well I have been wanting to do another purse cake it has been quite a while. So I decided to create a baby blue sculpted cake purse to look similiar to the coach purse that she has. I have had many instances of people thinking that a cake I have created looks just like the real thing. But the situation I am about to share Took the Cake so to speak!! At my cousins party one of her friends walked up and was looking at the cake, the next thing I know she grabs the handle and goes to pick it up, needless to say the handle was ripped off the cake, she is standing there in complete confusion. I told her that is a cake! She says, “ohhhh I really thought someone had bought Sue a new purse which is why I was trying to pick it up”. I explained that it was a cake that I had made, then she felt really bad that she had broken the handle off. It really was funny to see the look on her face because she just could not figure out what had just happened!! I guess I can look at that moment as a great compliment….

Coach Purse Cake

About these ads

14 Responses to “Coach Purse Cake”

1. cortney September 28, 2011 at 12:59 am #

Hi! Terrific purse!!!!!!!! I’m trying a Dooney & Bourke purse and I’m not sure how to make/support the purse handles/straps??? Any suggestions on how you got yours’ to stand up? Thank you, Cortney

• The Sugar Lane October 20, 2011 at 2:33 am #

To get the handles to stand up for any purse cake that you make it is best to make your purse handles approx. a week ahead of time so that they can setup and dry then add them to the purse cake and they will stand up and look very nice.

2. Tee October 17, 2010 at 1:09 am #

I LOOOVE this cake and would like to try making it!! May I ask, how many cakes you used for this cake, how many ppl it fed, and what sizes the cakes were? Thanx!

3. Tee October 17, 2010 at 1:07 am #

I would like to know how many cakes you used for this cake, how many ppl did it feed, and what sizes were the cakes? Thanx!

4. Sheila September 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm #

If you don’t have the instructions on how you made it and you don’t remember where you got the stamp and you don’t sell them are you even sure you made it?

• The Sugar Lane September 21, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

Sheila…..

I must say that you seem to be one of those people who are just mean spirited!!! I can assure you that I made this cake and EVERYTHING else that is pictured on my site…..I am not obligated in any way to have every project spelled out in a step by step format or even the supplies available that were used for that project!!! I share my photos and do my best to help others who are interested in learning cake decorating. My site is here to help in the best way that I can and I do this for those who appreciate it NOT for those who are arrogant and mean spirited!!!

If you don’t like that way I do things here then please do not come back!!
      For those who appreciate what I do here thanks for always being soo sweet and appreciative!!!!

5. sandy January 6, 2010 at 12:25 am #

Hey,

If i wanted to order one of these how would i go about doing that?

Sandy

• The Sugar Lane January 7, 2010 at 7:03 am #

I am sorry but I do not sell these cakes due to copyright laws with Coach! This cake was a gift I made for my cousin…thanks for your iterest!!

6. Adam November 19, 2009 at 3:09 am #

Where did you find the stamp? I have looked trying to find a similar font stamp and cant find one.

• The Sugar Lane December 1, 2009 at 10:08 pm #

My mom bought the stamps online and cannot remember where, but I can tell you that it was an set of foam alphabet stamps…I used an exacto knife to cut and make the stamp that I have more like the original. I will continue to look to find the place where she purchased the stamps….

7. The Sugar Lane August 24, 2009 at 7:08 am #

Jean I am sorry but i do not have a step be step on this cake at this time.

8. jean July 29, 2009 at 9:51 pm #

Hi there I wanted the recipe b/c i would like to make this or try to make this for my aunts baby shower coming up in August or September can i get step by step on how to create this please!

9. Jacqueline April 3, 2009 at 5:11 am #

Wonderful cake, I love it. Quick question did you use a special stamp for the C of couch all over the purse? I love it, it looks so neat.

• The Sugar Lane August 24, 2009 at 7:07 am #

I used a regular rubber stamp letter C to stamp all over the cake!